Recently our team was able get the most products for a Silent Auction this international nonprofit has seen. At the end, we had 108 different packages totaling 186k in value and we were able to get them all donated. We took 2 weeks to strictly concentrate on product donations and pounded the phones with relentless persistence.
Below are 10 pointers that every development team should follow.
- Put the time aside and strictly focus on product donations.
- Utilize anyone your NPO has ever done business with.
- Utilize you biggest donor’s recreation hobbies and create hosted packages.
- Utilize Donor Vacation Homes
- ASK BIG. I called a Jewelry Center and asked for a Rolex and got it and even if I wouldn’t have got it, I would’ve got something of lesser value. We were also able to get a Jet for a Trip.
- Ask for multiple items – Maximize Every Opportunity
- Take a minimum of 3 days to strictly concentrate on layouts and logistics.
- Make a lasting relationship with every donor for later.
- Record & Re-Thank. Record every donation and continue to Re-Thank every donor monthly.
- Set the goal higher next year.
“Follow this and lead the field”